[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 546: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 546: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4940: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3900)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3900)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4943: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3900)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4944: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3900)
Shalom, Y'all • Introductions • Sinuyan's Forum

Sinuyan's Forum

Hello all my Yans!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Shalom, Y'all
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:37 am 

Yandollars:

Wazzup, Yans?

I'm Brendan, aka the designer of the Sinu's profile pic. The current "Agent Duck Under" one. I'm not actually much of a gamer, but I still thoroughly enjoy Sinu's videos, and the closely-nit Yan community!

I stumbled across Sinu in a search to see what the LSD Dream Emulator was like. It was very different to see an online gamer that wasn't (not to sound prudish, here) offensive, inane, or full of himself. Then I found he had a Slender LP. My girlfriend and I were already die hard Marble Hornets fanatics, so we just started watching the channel. And from there the addiction grew. We'd devote entire evenings to Sinu's videos. Friday night movie night was spent on the Sinuyan YouTube channel!

I like making comics with Adobe Illustrator, and I made one about Sinu, just for fun. I was always fond of the "Agent Duck Under" gag in his Silent Hill series, so I came up with the 007 movie poster idea. Sadly, there was no room for the title ("Agent Duck Under In: Don't Question Good Things!"). Still, when finished, my girlfriend was like, "You should totally send it to him!" And now I get to see my picture every time something Sinu-related happens. It's an honor! But also kinda strange....

Anyhow, I'm very proud to call myself a Yan, and I'm definitely glad to be a part of this community! The greatest fan base in the world!

Last edited by btmacie on Fri May 31, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Shalom, Y'all
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:23 am 

Like a Bossfrost

Torrie Starfrost

Mood: Afraid
Yandollars:

Welcome! I hope you have a good time :)

Always looking for new games to play! You can always suggest one to me.

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:38 am 

Mood: Bitchy
Yandollars:

:D Hello!! I'm sure the community will welcome you with open arms. (Do it or I'll break all your necks *grabs a fire-axe*) I LOVE your picture, you're certainly a talented one. Friday movie night with your girlfriend? Sounds like fun! :3 Anyway, Hope you enjoy your "stay" here. X3 Hopefully we can get around to talking, if you're not too busy and/or you don't mind. :P

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:15 pm 

Drowning in Ruffles chips

Jack of all Trades

Mood: Alive
Yandollars:

Oh, so you're the talented mofo who drew Sinu's pic? That's so awesome. I hope you'll like the forums, and don't worry if the chat above gets a little weird XD Just join in the conversation and you'll find yourself having a wonderful time! :rofl2:

1 pcs.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:15 pm 

Yandollars:

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! It's really cool to be part of the Yans! I definitely look forward to our conversations!

The pic wasn't really all that hard to do, actually. It just looks more complicated than it actually is.

Basically, you take Sinu's face, and add Sean Connery's tux and pistol before going over it in Adobe Illustrator.

Attachments:
File comment: Finished product
Duck Under.jpg
Duck Under.jpg [ 89.56 KiB | Viewed 3544 times ]
File comment: Shasshy!
500px-Bond_-_Sean_Connery_-_Profile.jpg
500px-Bond_-_Sean_Connery_-_Profile.jpg [ 26.88 KiB | Viewed 3544 times ]
File comment: From one of Akash's Alan Wake videos, I believe!
Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 7.05.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 7.05.05 PM.png [ 232.32 KiB | Viewed 3544 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:29 pm 

Jack of all Trades

Yandollars:

Ohhhh now I know where you got your Sinu reference from. But still, you did his face really well. I couldn't do half as good a job as that. Are you planning on doing more?

1 pcs.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:11 pm 

Like a Bossfrost

Torrie Starfrost

Yandollars:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369962655.347054.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369962655.347054.jpg [ 36.9 KiB | Viewed 3541 times ]
Like this? XD

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:07 pm 

Yandollars:

Graphic design to me feels like a completely different ballpark from actual art. Graphic design is basically tracing with shapes and bezier curves. Far more mechanically based than just drawing something, which requires more actual talent. Graphic design similar to art in that you kinda have to understand how all the pieces make up the entire image. Especially the different intensities of colors in the shading.

I can sort of draw on paper, but I couldn't draw on a tablet to save my life. That takes a kind of artistic skill that I never had. That's what makes Infindox's drawing there so much more awesome than mine! (Great work, chap!) There's a certain kind of life and soul to a drawing that graphic illustrations don't really have. Graphic design, while simple and effective at communicating, lacks a lot of meat. It's great as a representation of something, like a logo (Probably why it's his profile pic). But art is something much bigger. Art is the breath and dirt of the artist's feelings. But it's also more open to interpretation, meaning only some people will understand it the way it was intended to be while graphic design is simplified for the sole purpose of being understood a certain way. Just my two cents on it. Feel free to add!

I wasn't particularly planning on doing any more, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any more. If I think of one that's worth putting up, I'll definitely share! I just don't want to be that douchebag that's always like, "Hey, look at MY stuff! APPRECIATE IT!!!"

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:42 am 

Jack of all Trades

Yandollars:

That's super awesome, Infindox!

btmacie, I was actually thinking of persuing a carer in Graphic Design after school. So what you said was really helpful :D
And I agree with you with what you said about art, it is the expression of emotion, most of the time.

Don't worry about being a douche, I can tell you won't be. It'd still be cool to see you do more stuff, when you want to. I see it as more as an expression of your Yan Pride than anything else :)

1 pcs.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:03 pm 

Like a Bossfrost

Torrie Starfrost

Yandollars:

A friend made that, though I do draw myself. :)

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.